Warning : This website is outdated. As part of the application of the new GDPR european law, you will find our privacy policy and cookie statement on their respective pages. More information about our events and how we store and use the personal information on the events' website is available on our main website, .

Palazzo del Cinema & del Casino

The Palazzo del Cinema which hosts the Venice Film Festival is located on Lido of the lagoon city.
The first festival was held on the terrace of the Hotel Excelsior on August 6, 1932. But with its increasing success it became necessary to build a dedicated centre which was done between 1937 and 1938 according to the modernistic design of engineer Luigi Quagliata. Near this construction the Casino was built, designed by head engineer of the Town Council Eugenio Mozzi who also oversaw the planning for the entire area.
The Palace was composed of a simple hall and a cinematographic hall. As a result of the continued success of the festival, it became necessary to widen the building, which was done on several occasions first in the 50’ and then in 1991 where a competition was held, inviting plans for a new Palazzo. Due to the necessity for new spaces and the desire to reorganize the entire area, the use was also extended to the Palazzo del Casino in 1999.

 

Adress

Lungomare Guglielmo Marconi
30126 Venice

Congresso ESOT-Fronte Palazzo del Cinema Sala Grande - Foto la Biennale di Venezia ASAC (12)